Satellite Telecommunications Support Modern Mine Operations
Mining operations often take place in very remote locations where communication is hindered by weather, geography, and lack of reliable pre-existing telecommunications infrastructure. Nonetheless, mines are faced with intricate communications needs as a result of the distinct character of these operations. Mining satellite communication offers several important advantages to mine operators, equipment managers, and other agents at work in today’s global extraction industries.
Safety and Organization on a Global Level
Mining satellite communication provides valuable support for many essential operations, especially during critical exploration and survey periods. The implementation of high-end communication equipment is an increasingly common strategy that can achieve numerous key outcomes. These include:
- Successfully organizing equipment use and maintenance in companies increasingly concerned with effective time management
- Keeping track of employees, vendors, site visitors, and other personnel in remote locations
- Making possible cross-border communication in an economical and sustainable manner
- Implementing a higher standard of secure, stable communication to facilitate business growth
Improving Mine Safety and Efficiency
An investment in satellite communication technology helps resolve many concerns distinct to mining and extraction organizations. Creating a culture of safety and security is made possible with the help of dependable communication. Equipment, workflow, and waste processes can all be monitored with greater effectiveness through the use of telecommunications technology. Our team members can assist you with choosing exactly the right items for your organization.
Recent economic circumstances have driven many business decision makers to reexamine conventional organizational strategies. Decentralized business models have been developed in response to the economic contraints associated with highly centralized organizations. While research has suggested that decentralized businesses might be better able to weather the effects of recession, the decentralization of technology assets has been challenging for many organizations. Media satellite communication can be used to centralize certain aspects of business without sacrificing the advantages that come from a non-traditional approach to company organization.
Streamlining Training, Face-to-Face Communication, and Collaboration
Satellites capable of handling media relays can help businesses in several important ways. For instance:
- Satellite devices, including hubs and terminals, help eliminate the noise that interferes with clear telecommunications. The resulting signal is more stable and dependable as a result.
- Training, team building meetings, interviews, presentations, demonstrations, and other important collaborative exercises can be organized without regard for distance or geographic barriers.
- One-time equipment investment can continue to be utilized while software licensing may need to be renewed from time to time.
- Agents in the field can remain in contact with directors and other team members, largely eliminating the need for expensive conventional phone calls.
Invest in Business Technology
Businesses can easily participate in the next wave of technological innovation through the implementation of media satellite communication tools. Contact our team to learn more.
The San Francisco Public Safety Building
The San Francisco Public Safety Building at Mission Bay is the latest of Remote Satellite’s major contracts. The 264,000-square-foot structure houses the new headquarters for the San Francisco Police Department as well district police and fire stations. Built in anticipation of the Bay Area’s next great earthquake, the building needed to have a reliable communications network in place to be an Emergency Operations Center of which the city can be proud. Remote Satellite was eager to step up to the challenge.
Remote Satellite began by implementing an integrated communications suite within the command center, relying on an 6 foot wide Ku-Band VSAT antenna situated on the building’s roof. By establishing a dual-satellite network, with East and West Coast satellites and Earthstation gateways, wherever disaster strikes communications can be relied on. When the system senses a loss in terrestrial communication capabilities, the antenna will automatically deploy and acquire a connection with a fixed satellite, providing a worry-free line of communication for the EOC. The system allows simultaneous data and voice communications so that vital information can be shared with first responders, all without breaking established lines of contact.
If you’d like to learn more about how to establish your own emergency communications network, or modify an existing one, please don’t hesitate to send us an email or visit us online at www.remotesatellite.com.
Successful Communication During Disaster Relief Efforts
Successful disaster relief management requires the organization of responders and equipment. Responders need dependable solutions during disaster relief and NGO satellite communication can provide this. Hubs and terminals can be deployed throughout an affected area to address the multiple communications concerns that may arise during disaster scenarios.
A Problem With Many Required Solutions
Communication during disaster relief presents technical challenges for two particular reasons:
- Existing systems may be disrupted by volume, physical damage, or power supply interruption; the systems are therefore unable to provide adequate or reliable support during disaster relief efforts.
- All communication needs cannot be met by a single telecommunication system. Interoperability must therefore be part of disaster management planning.
Redundant communications systems help ensure that efforts experience only minimal interruption should primary systems fail at any time. NGO terminals and hubs provide valuable redundancy to existing telecommunication systems. Municipal systems can be affected by a range of terrestrial factors, especially after a disaster has occurred. These points can provide a robust, dependable network to emergency responders even as they move throughout an affected territory.
Developing Comprehensive Responses.
Disaster response engineers can develop interoperability protocols and other strategies that make full use of NGO satellite equipment. As communications technology becomes increasingly sophisticated, disaster relief agents will have more tools to support their work.
How the Oil and Gas Industry Use Satellite Communications
Real-time satellite communications operating in the air, sea, or on land are crucial for the oil and gas industry. A trustworthy satellite communications solution enables oil and gas producers, oilfield service businesses, and pipeline operators to monitor and observe remote equipment, facilitate field operations, and secure the safety of field staff anywhere in the world.
Satellite Communications Solutions
The oil and gas industry relies on secure communications for optimal operations. Recently, the demands have been increasing, visible in exploration and production and also in pipelines and distribution tankers. The oil and gas satellite communications network should support the following requirements to make use of accessible network capacity and ensure stable, high-performance data services:
- Advanced optimization and acceleration for Internet traffic
- Various backup options to circumvent communications loss
- Seamless interoperability with IP, Ethernet, and MPLS international backbones
- Traffic differentiation per application with automatic scheduling and prioritization
The trend toward high-speed communications services is a result of compact broadband satellite communications equipment and economical pricing for satellite bandwidth capacity. It is also due to application of offshore platforms requiring more bandwidth.
Contact Us Today
For more information about oil and gas satellite communications solutions and services, contact one of the qualified satellite communications specialists at Remote Satellite Systems via email or by visiting our website at www.remotesatellite.com.
Defense and government satellite communications services help federal, state, and local governments maintain fundamental and secure communications where wire lines or wireless infrastructures do not exist. Mission-critical satellite communications are vital resources for sustaining and optimizing the communications infrastructure.
Satellite communications technologies include airborne mobile broadband networks, managed Wi-Fi, and mobile enterprise security services. The top six benefits of enhancing defense and government satellite communications include:
- Protection, includingall forms of information warfare
- Interoperability, such as seamless connectivity
- Assured, real-time access, available on demand
- Flexibility to match the dynamic operational environment
- Capacity to meet current and emerging requirements
- Global coverage to operate anywhere worldwide
Government, defense, and commercial organizations are leveraging innovations in satellite technology to produce cost-effective broadband communications services.
Learn More Now
At Remote Satellite Systems, we provide a variety of defense and government satellite communications solutions to offer government and military clients secure communications capabilities anywhere in the world. Whether your need is reliable Internet, voice, or video applications, our solutions provide the most reliable means of communicating by sea, air, or land.
For more information about defense and government satellite communications solutions and services, contact one of our qualified satellite communications specialists. Please email us or visit our website at www.remotesatellite.com.
When disaster strikes, the most obvious and immediate necessities include shelter, medical supplies, water, and food. However, relief workers cannot reach survivors and save lives unless communications networks are set up quickly. The top four uses of emergency satellite communications include:
- First responders and public safety. Police, fire, and urban search and rescue teams can respond to catastrophic events immediately by deploying and setting up portable light-weight satellite communication devices in minutes.
- In-building voice and data. Emergency communications within office buildings, hospitals and other relevant public and private facilities are critical to essential disaster relief services.
- Business continuity. Business continuity solutions focus principally on recovery, resilience, and exigency. With satellite technology, planning for the repetition of critical business communication functions may save lives, avoid disruptions, and reserve resources that would otherwise drive financial loss.
- Crisis management. Allowing public safety and government agencies to connect with each other via a communications network in times of crisis facilitates transmission of critical information during emergency situations.
Satellites connect emergency personnel and other first responders during crises. With ubiquitous coverage, satellites can provide instant infrastructures and temporary network solutions.
For more details about emergency satellite communications, contact one of our experienced satellite communications specialists. Please visit us at www.remotesatellite.com or send us an email.